Mar 21, 2009

My thoughts on exciting things in my life now vs the past! .21 cent steak, My Target deals this week,


By using the tips I gathered from my friends, Angela and Kim and these awesome $ saving blogs I visit Christi's (2) Centsmoneysavingmom  I purchased  $50.12 worth of groceries for $24.67!  This is all stuff I buy every week, not a bunch of things I will never use!
The steaks are boneless beef chuck steak.  Each package has enough steak to feed all 3 of us. 

 One package I paid .21 cents for and the other .77 cents for!  I use the $2 off  Sutton & Dodge steaks coupon, and buy the meat they have on sale that week.  You can print coupons off of Targets website or here.  

Normally I just type into my google search "Target deals" and go to someone elses website and get that weeks deal! Clip or print my coupons, then head to the store.

I told the cashier I was doing 3 transactions and placed things on the belt with the coupons on top.  

Oh yea, I almost forgot, Target has a special, if you buy 5 quaker brand items(which are all on sale), you get a $5 gift card.  My 1st transaction I purchased the oatmeal (Which has no sugar in it and helps keep me full), cereal(which has a ton of iron in it and make a great grab and go snack for Alessondra) and the carmel corn snacks (that Alessondra LOVES), received my $5 gift card, then turned around and used it on my 2nd transaction!!!

After I posted this I started thinking..."How sad that .21 cent steaks, coupons and $5 gift cards from Target are the exciting things in my life."

I remember when the "exciting" things in my life were things like: 
when a patient came in for her post op appointment after a masectomy and could not tell the difference between my sutures and the surgeons sutures! 

Or being the first person to sign a little boys cast after putting it on in the ER.  

Or getting to see the look on a mom's face the first time she saw her newborn baby that I just helped to deliver.  

Or seeing a patient at a follow up appointment that actually took my advice and changed their diet, become more active, quit smoking and lost weight!  To see their face when I told them I was proud of them and we could now come off of insulin!

All the above thoughts and memories are nice, but truth be told taking care of Jeff and Alessondra, my family that God has blessed me with is what TRULY matters in this season of my life.  

Don't get me wrong I miss it, however God has called me to another job for now.
There are 100's, 1000's of surgeons who can suture better than me with one hand!

There are orthopedic Dr's, PA's and others that can put that little boy or girls cast on, and sign their name much more legible than me!

There are too many to count, others that will show those parents their newborn baby, once they lay their eyes on that baby, the medical personal are forgotten!

There are so many MORE qualified people that can manage a patients diabetes than I!

However I am the ONLY one who can take care and love my family the way I do!  The job was created for me!  I am still in training for this job and will never be perfect, but it is the MOST exciting job I have ever had

Below is the woman I strive to be: 


Proverbs 31:10-12 and 25-31
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

"Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Now that is exciting!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the woman I have, and that's still, and always will be, the woman I want. If you feel the need to suture, you can get a peach or a potato to practice on with one of your great coupons, and I'll cover the tab. :)

The Christenson's said...

Well said, Deziray! This is a really great post. Such great deals too! WOW! I am impressed by it!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info. I had no idea that Target had online coupons! I will have to start checking online before I go grocery shopping.

I went last night and only bought the stuff that I had coupons for and needed and I saved over $10.00.

My hopes, dreams and prayers are that eventually I will be able to stay home with the girls and be involved with their schooling.